Accented to 13th April 2000
1. This World Wide Web (Stationone.ca) site is provided for use of the public by Station One Ltd.
2. Information presented on Stationone.ca is considered private information and may not be distributed or copied without authorization.
Information collected and stored automatically
1. The information we learn about you from your visit to our website depends upon what functions you perform when visiting our site.
2. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. Our server system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
3. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
The date and time you access our site;
The pages you visit; and
If you linked to Stationone.ca from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms
If you identify yourself by sending an E-mail or using Web Forms:
You also may decide to send us personally-identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a complaint or compliment. We use personally-identifying information from viewers in various ways to further the usefulness and accuracy of the information contained on our Web site or to add new sections and services.
We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us.
Security and Intrusion Detection
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act."
E-Commerce Privacy Statement